Exercise Physiologists are university qualified allied health professionals. Who specialise in the prevention, treatment and management of injuries and/or chronic disease through exercise prescription and life style modifications. The aim of Exercise Physiology interventions is to restore one’s optimal physical function, health and wellness. These interventions are evidence-based and include health and physical activity education, advice and support, and lifestyle modification with a strong focus on achieving behavioural change. In addition, we can also assist athletes with sporting performance, strength and conditioning, as well as injury prevention techniques.
What we work with:
- Chronic disease management – osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, PTSD, Cancer, Obesity, Asthma, Diabetes and more.
- Chronic and acute musculoskeletal conditions and injuries
- Cardiopulmonary conditions
- Pre and Post-surgery rehabilitation, including joint replacement rehabilitation
- Chronic Pain, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Falls Prevention
- Work related injuries and rehabilitation programs
- Sport specific strength and conditioning programs including biomechanics, fitness testing, strength and power development, speed and agility, flexibility, skill and technique.